TTC-Workshop "From Nano to Macro"
Engineering across the lenght scale
Engineering across the lenght scale: Different particle technology principles from powder synthesis in nano or sub-micron range up to particle enlargement technologies in micron or millimeter size range.
24.10.2017 - 26.10.2017
Glatt Ingenieurtechnik GmbH,
- Particle engineering options for value added product forms.
- Powder synthesis and thermal powder treatment.
- Agglomeration and spray granulation processing options.
- Coating and surface modification of dry product forms.
- Characterization of particle systems - physical and chemical view.
- Drying processes - from single droplet to porous structures.
- Product design - a hierachical appraoch.
- Practical sessions
- Case studies
Besides theoretical process engineering basics, practical demonstrations of all today’s up-to-date processing options for thermal powder synthesis using APPtec®, spray agglomeration, spray granulation or spray coating using fluidized and spouted bed technologies will be given.
Additional to process development issues also aspects of innovative product design, characterization of particle systems, scale-up methods as well as simulation or optimization will be discussed.
You will learn about the possibility to evaluate different processing principles in batch or continuous operation as well as the influence of processing conditions and material properties on the final product properties.
All processes will be carried out based on representative case studies explaining various functionalities in the Glatt Technology Center Weimar.
You will get a unique broad overview on various product and process development aspects, including processing and finally quality assessment.
More information on this workshop you will find here.